As the name suggests, this is a quarterly event for new MHTA members to learn more about the association and how to become… Continue Reading ›
PROGRAM UPDATE: The SciTechsperience Internship Program was able to fund more than 50 internships with matching stipends in 2013, and we’ve hit our mark. While it is an amazing milestone and we are proud to have been able to place so many students, we realize that the demand was greater than the funding supply.
Although the matching grant funding is no longer available, we know there is work to be done at Minnesota’s science and technology companies. We have many great students still looking for internship opportunities this summer. Internships provide a low-cost workforce solution, and enable employers to find future employees, increase productivity and revitalize an organization with fresh perspectives and specialized skill sets.If your company is interested in using the SciTechsperience Internship Program to help find a talented student, please contact Becky Siekmeier, SciTechsperience Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the program
The paid internship program that matches college students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines with rewarding hands-on opportunities in Minnesota businesses.
- Develop Minnesota’s STEM workforce by providing hands-on experience to talented college students in dynamic Minnesota STEM industries.
- Keep talented STEM students in Minnesota after they graduate in order to strengthen and advance Minnesota’s knowledge-based economy.
- Businesses receive a dollar for dollar cash match up to 50% of the intern’s wages ($2,500 max), providing a low-cost solution for small and medium-sized companies that otherwise would not have access to qualified interns.
- Enables employers to find future employees, increase productivity and revitalize an organization with fresh perspectives and specialized skill sets.
Eligibility requirements for students:
- Must be a Minnesota resident at least 18 years of age.
- Is in good academic standing (2.5 GPA).
- Is a technical college student (in second year of program), college junior or senior, or graduate student – masters or doctoral candidate.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. college and in an approved high-tech curriculum (see Full Student Eligibility Requirements).
Before you enroll, you’ll need to collect the following items:
- An electronic copy of your current, official transcript
- Your resume.
For a list of current Internship openings, please visit our SciTechsperience Job Postings.
Eligibility requirements for businesses:
- Must be a for-profit company eligible to conduct business in Minnesota.
- Must have fewer than 100 employees.
- The internship must provide hands-on experience in the company’s industry.
- Is doing business in one of the following industries:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Agriculture, Food, Forestry
- Biotechnology, Life Sciences and Health IT
- Fuels, Energy, Energy Management
- IT/Computer Technology
- Mining, Materials, Manufacturing and Processing
The following information is required to enroll:
- Federal Tax ID/EIN
- 6-digit 2007 NAICS Code, which can be found here.
Funding for SciTechsperience is made possible through a grant from the Minnesota Science and Technology Authority. Learn more ›