MHTA — Minnesota companies raised $85 million in venture capital in the third quarter of 2017, according to data from PricewaterhouseCoopers and CB Insights.
Top industries for venture capital in Q3-2017 included:
- Healthcare: 6 deals worth $59 million
- Internet: 3 deals worth $15 million
- Mobile & Telecommunications: 3 deals worth $6 million
- Business Products & Services: 1 deal worth $4 million
- Food & Beverages: 1 deal worth $1 million
- Energy & Utilities: 1 deal, amount not disclosed
There were 3 expansion stage deals totaling $59 million, 4 deals with early-stage companies worth $20 million, 3 other stage deals worth $5 million and 5 seed stage deals worth $2 million.
Earlier this year, we released a report that examines venture capital investments in Minnesota over the last 21 years. The report draws on data CB Insights, and aims to put Minnesota’s venture capital investments in context and identify industries that stand out from the others. You can find this report and much more on our Research page.