MHTA is pleased to present a new program: TechTalent: Strategies for Your Next Gen Workforce. While Minnesota’s unemployment rate stands at 2.8%, it’s nearly negative for tech jobs–and nationally, unfilled tech job postings have gone up by more than 1,000,000 in the past 5 years.
What measures are you taking to build a robust pipeline of qualified applicants in your talent pool for the near term and in the future? Mike McNamara, Executive Vice President, Chief Information & Digital Officer at Target Corporation, will share the technology workforce strategy developed under his leadership during our conference keynote. The day will also include numerous panels, presenters and sharing opportunities with take-aways for tech leaders to deploy in their own organizations. Join fellow leaders at the Hyatt Regency Bloomington on Thursday, February 28 for this important conference.
Thursday, Feb 28, 2019
Hyatt Regency Bloomington
7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
This half-day program includes:
- A keynote address by Mike McNamara, Executive Vice President, Chief Information & Digital Officer with Target Corporation. Mike will share the technology workforce strategy developed under his leadership at Target.
- Presentations from thought leaders at Wilder Research, Real-Time Talent, and Greater MSP on the origins of the problem, the ever-widening gap in the tech talent pool, and our need to harness demographic, socio-economic and other factors to close this gap.
- A discussion with Comcast, Code42, Target and other panelists on progress and results from their own innovative programs, as well as redeployment of skills and ways they are working to develop and retain talent.
- A rapid-fire segment featuring a host of solution providers who will share unique programs that offer additional sources of tech talent for our Minnesota workplaces.
- Lunch, featuring a closing keynote speaker to be announced soon!
Mike McNamara, EVP, CIO and Digital Officer, Target
Mike McNamara is executive vice president, chief information and digital officer for Target and a member of its executive leadership team. He has oversight of the Target technology team and the long-term information technology roadmap. Additionally, Mike’s responsibilities include the development, support and security of all technology for Target stores, online and mobile assets, distribution centers and headquarters facilities. Mike is also the head of Target’s e-commerce business and oversees the company’s digital strategy.
Prior to joining Target in 2015, Mike spent more than 17 years at European-based retailer Tesco, where he most recently served as the chief information officer. He was responsible for the strategic direction and management of the technology for Tesco Group’s portfolio of businesses. During his tenure, Mike led the multi-country rollout of Tesco.com, oversaw the modernization and advancement of the IT and supply chain businesses and was instrumental to the development and implementation of the company’s operating model in Europe and Asia.
Mike is a member of the board of directors for Minnesota Opera and previously served as chairman of GS1 Global, a non-profit association dedicated to the development of supply chain global standards. He has a bachelor of engineering degree from University College Dublin.
Thank you to our sponsor,
Interested in sponsoring TechTalent?
Or Contact Ray Hoover for additional information (email@example.com | 952-230-4557)
Special thanks to the MHTA TechTalent Board Committee:
Mac Lewis, Sherpa Partners, Chair
Trent Clausen, Comcast
Jake Krings, Target