Tech.2018 will offer a rapid fire look at Minnesota’s current strengths and future opportunities in technology.
This event attracts 200 technology executives and professionals along with entrepreneurs and investors for an afternoon of networking and cutting-edge insights.
1:30 to 5:00 p.m. Program
– Keynote address by futurist, Jack Uldrich. “Business as Unusual: The Big AHA!”
– Emerging Technology Panel
– Logistics Panel
– Cyber Security Panel
5:00 to 6:00 p.m. Reception
MHTA is proud to announce that global futurist, Jack Uldrich, will be Tech.2018’s Keynote speaker. Jack Uldrich is a leading futurist, author, and speaker who helps organizations gain the critical foresight they need to create a successful future. His work is based on the transformational principles of unlearning – or freeing yourself from obsolete knowledge and assumptions – as a strategy to survive and thrive in an era of unparalleled change.
In this enlightening, entertaining and educational session, Jack shares insights from his book, Business as Unusual: How to Future-Proof Yourself Against Tomorrow’s Transformational Trends, Today. He outlines the ten trends that will transform the world of tomorrow. Jack also identifies concrete actions businesses can take today to future-proof themselves against “the tides of tomorrow.”
Emerging Technology Panel
Augmented reality, virtual reality and autonomous driving have the potential to reshape a variety of industries. Learn from a panel on the efforts already underway.
- Troy Cardinal, CIO, RSM (Moderator)
- Mark Gill, Director, SCSU Vizualization Lab,
St. Cloud State University
- Matt Paschal, Electrical Engineer, IBM
- Ruth Poole, Lead Analyst/Programmer, Mayo Clinic
E-Commerce has taken over the world — logistics makes it all happen and makes sure everything gets where it needs to go on time. Hear from our panel of experts about what’s new in the increasingly important but often overlooked area of logistics.
- Scott Singer, CSIO, PaR Systems (Moderator)
- Kris Wilmunen, Director, Digistics Cloud Service, Unisys
- Jim Lowell, Vice President, Product Development, PeopleNet
- Scott Schwalbe, CEO & Co-Founder, NimbeLink
Cyber Security Panel
Threats and breaches are everywhere — and they’re not going away any time soon. Hear from Minnesota cyber security experts and learn how to leverage business skills to secure your company.
- Brian Isle, Fellow, Technological Leadership Institute (Moderator)
- Bryce Austin, CEO, TCE Strategy
- Colonel Stefanie Horvath, CISSP – CIO, Minnesota National Guard
- Austin O’Brion, Co-Founder, Token of Trust
- Jennifer Smith, Physical Security & Operations Manager | Management Services Division, Minnesota Department of Human Services
February 21, 2018
1:00 pm-6:00 pm
University of St. Thomas, James B. Woulfe Alumni Hall, Anderson Student Center,
2115 Summit Ave, St Paul, MN 55105
Early-bird pricing (ends February 7) | Members: $49 | Non-members: $99
Regular pricing | Members: $70 | Non-members: $135
On-site pricing | Members: $90 | Non-members $175
Thank you to our Sponsors: