The SBIR Road Tour is a national outreach effort to convey the non-dilutive technology funding opportunity provided through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Federal and State Program Managers representing $2.5 billion in early stage funding have been invited to present at a series of events to technology entrepreneurs and innovation supporters from across the United States. This event is a coveted opportunity for those involved in the advanced technology communities, including women-owned and minority-owned firms.
If you’re an innovator, entrepreneur, researcher, or small technology firm, take advantage of this coveted local opportunity to hear directly from federal agency program managers, and meet one-on-one with program decision makers.
- Learn how to access local and state resources available to innovators, researchers, and technology entrepreneurs;
- SBIR Agencies Funding Priorities Overviews
Engaging Panel Sessions:
- Seed funding your Idea through SBIR
- Inside the Head of an Evaluator: Lessons Learned and Common Mistakes
- Technology Alignment, Opportunities, and Funding from the Warfighter (Defense focused)
Meet One-on-One with SBIR/STTR Program Managers, including:
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Department of Defense – Air Force (USAF)
- Department of Defense – Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Department of Defense – Navy (USN)
- Department of Defense – Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- 7:30 am — 8:00 am – Registration
- 8 am – 12 pm – Federal program and 1:1 appointments
- 12 pm – 1 pm Lunch (Federal group departs for next city)
- 1:00 pm – 4 pm – Breakout sessions
- 4:00 pm — 5:00 pm Reception
MN-SBIR in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic
Development and the University of Minnesota, Office of Technology Commericialization.
McNamara Alumni Center
University of Minnesota
200 SE Oak St.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Monday, July 17, 2017
7:30 AM -5:00 PM with a closing reception.
Early-Bird Price (Register by June 30): $75
Regular Price: $100
On-site Registration Price: $125
*Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.
Sponsorship opportunities are available! Learn more here.