The SBIR Road Tour is a national outreach effort to convey the non-dilutive technology funding opportunity provided through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Federal and State Program Managers representing $2.5 billion in early stage funding have been invited to present at a series of events to technology entrepreneurs and innovation supporters from across the United States. This event is a coveted opportunity for those involved in the advanced technology communities, including women-owned and minority-owned firms.
If you’re an innovator, entrepreneur, researcher, or small technology firm, take advantage of this coveted local opportunity to hear directly from federal agency program managers, and meet one-on-one with program decision makers.
Agenda Highlights Include:
- Learn how to access local and state resources available to innovators, researchers, and technology entrepreneurs;
- SBIR Agencies Funding Priorities Overviews
Engaging Panel Sessions:
- Seed funding your Idea through SBIR
- Inside the Head of an Evaluator: Lessons Learned and Common Mistakes
- Technology Alignment, Opportunities, and Funding from the Warfighter (Defense focused)
Meet One-on-One with SBIR/STTR Program Managers, including:
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Department of Defense – Air Force (USAF)
- Department of Defense – Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Department of Defense – Navy (USN)
- Department of Defense – Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
MN-SBIR in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic
Development and the University of Minnesota
McNamara Alumni Center
University of Minnesota
200 SE Oak St.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
8:00 AM -5:00 PM with a closing reception.
REGISTRATION COMING SOON!