MHTA events and programs are a great way to connect with Minnesota’s diverse and vibrant science & technology community. Sponsoring MHTA events and… Continue Reading ›
2016 Scholarship applications will open in February 2016. 2015 Scholarship winners will be announced shortly.
The scholarships are for Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines.
These awards include $2,500 and $5,000 awards and can include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies. MHTF supports diversity in this application and award process.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
- Only students with sophomore through senior academic status in the current school year may apply. Sophomore status may include students who have achieved this status through advanced placement (AP) credit or post-secondary options (PSEO)s
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution.
- In addition to traditional STEM fields, health science majors whose studies will NOT lead to participation in direct patient care are welcome to apply.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the fall term of 2015 and presented to recipients at MHTA’s Tekne Awards in November. Students must be enrolled at time of award.
Most scholarships are supported by the MHTA Foundation, while some are sponsored by Minnesota technology companies and organizations. Past sponsors have included; Thomson Reuters, CenturyLink, Women Leading in Technology, Robotics Alley and the Cyber Security Summit. The 2015 awards will be presented during the Minnesota Tekne Awards – November 18.
Applications are reviewed by members of the MHTA Foundation Board of Directors. These individuals represent Minnesota companies and higher education institutions and are committed to developing a well-educated technology literate workforce. The Foundation supports diversity in this application and award process.
For the past several years, the MHTA Foundation has supported Minnesota college students with more than $73,000 in annual scholarship awards. In 2014, 18 college students were recognized at the Tekne Awards. Over the last 8 years, $300,000 in the form of nearly 80 STEM scholarships have been awarded. You can help MHTA support STEM education in Minnesota by making a tax deductible donation to our scholarship fund.
Watch the video below, to see how these scholarships positively impact the lives and education of MHTA Foundation Scholarship winners: