Learn how your company can build its workforce, source great talent AND access a wage match to cover 50% of a STEM intern’s… Continue Reading ›
STEM Scholarships – Application review is in progress
The application period for the MHTA Foundation 2018 scholarships has closed.
We will be announcing the 2018 STEM Scholarship winners at the Tekne Awards on Nov. 29, 2018.
You can find the list of 2017 STEM Scholars is here here.
The scholarships are for Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines.
These awards include $2,500 and $5,000 awards and can include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies. MHTF supports diversity in this application and award process.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
- Only students with sophomore through senior academic status in the current school year may apply. Sophomore status may include students who have achieved this status through advanced placement (AP) credit or post-secondary options (PSEO)s
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the fall term of 2018 and presented to recipients at MHTA’s Tekne Awards in November. Students must be enrolled at time of award.
- In addition to traditional STEM fields, health science majors whose studies will NOT lead to participation in direct patient care are welcome to apply.
- The scholarship is open to international students, but preference is given to students who intend to work in Minnesota after graduation.
- Past scholarship winners are eligible to re-apply as long as they meet the rest of the requirements listed here.
Most scholarships are supported by the MHTA Foundation, while some are sponsored by Minnesota technology companies and organizations. Past sponsors have included; Thomson Reuters, CenturyLink, RBA Cares, ILM Consulting, and Women Leading in Technology.
Applications are reviewed by members of the MHTA Foundation Board of Directors. These individuals represent Minnesota companies and higher education institutions and are committed to developing a well-educated technology literate workforce. The Foundation supports diversity in this application and award process.
Over the last 10 years, the Minnesota High Tech Foundation has awarded more than $600,000 in the form of 150 STEM scholarships.
You can help MHTA support STEM education in Minnesota by making a tax deductible donation to our scholarship fund.
Watch the video below, to see how these scholarships positively impact the lives and education of MHTA Foundation Scholarship winners: