Tech.2017 offers a rapid fire look at Minnesota’s current strengths and future opportunities in technology. This breakfast event attracts 200 technology executives and… Continue Reading ›
The 2017 STEM Scholarship application period is now open! Apply here.
A sample application can also be found here.
We announced the 2016 Scholarship winners at the Tekne Awards! You can find the full list of STEM Scholars here.
The scholarships are for Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines.
The application period opens February 1 and closes April 1.
These awards include $2,500 and $5,000 awards and can include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies. MHTF supports diversity in this application and award process.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
- Only students with sophomore through senior academic status in the current school year may apply. Sophomore status may include students who have achieved this status through advanced placement (AP) credit or post-secondary options (PSEO)s
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the fall term of 2017 and presented to recipients at MHTA’s Tekne Awards in November. Students must be enrolled at time of award.
- In addition to traditional STEM fields, health science majors whose studies will NOT lead to participation in direct patient care are welcome to apply.
- The scholarship is open to international students, but preference is given to students who intend to work in Minnesota after graduation.
- Past scholarship winners are eligible to re-apply as long as they meet the rest of the requirements listed here.
Most scholarships are supported by the MHTA Foundation, while some are sponsored by Minnesota technology companies and organizations. Past sponsors have included; Thomson Reuters, CenturyLink, MinneAnalytics, Women Leading in Technology, Robotics Alley and the Cyber Security Summit.
Applications are reviewed by members of the MHTA Foundation Board of Directors. These individuals represent Minnesota companies and higher education institutions and are committed to developing a well-educated technology literate workforce. The Foundation supports diversity in this application and award process.
Over the last 10 years, the Minnesota High Tech Foundation has awarded more than $541,000 in the form of 135 STEM scholarships.
You can help MHTA support STEM education in Minnesota by making a tax deductible donation to our scholarship fund.
Watch the video below, to see how these scholarships positively impact the lives and education of MHTA Foundation Scholarship winners: