The Minnesota Venture Conference will mark its 30th year of connecting investors, entrepreneurs and executives. Hundreds of participants gather each year for a day… Continue Reading ›
2016 Scholarship applications are now closed. Winners will be announced at the 2016 Tekne Awards.
We announced the 2015 Scholarship winners at the Tekne Awards! You can find the full list of STEM Scholars here.
The scholarships are for Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines.
These awards include $2,500 and $5,000 awards and can include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies. MHTF supports diversity in this application and award process.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
- Only students with sophomore through senior academic status in the current school year may apply. Sophomore status may include students who have achieved this status through advanced placement (AP) credit or post-secondary options (PSEO)s
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution.
- In addition to traditional STEM fields, health science majors whose studies will NOT lead to participation in direct patient care are welcome to apply.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the fall term of 2016 and presented to recipients at MHTA’s Tekne Awards in November. Students must be enrolled at time of award.
Most scholarships are supported by the MHTA Foundation, while some are sponsored by Minnesota technology companies and organizations. Past sponsors have included; Thomson Reuters, CenturyLink, MinneAnalytics, Women Leading in Technology, Robotics Alley and the Cyber Security Summit. The 2016 awards will be presented during the Minnesota Tekne Awards on November 16, 2016.
Applications are reviewed by members of the MHTA Foundation Board of Directors. These individuals represent Minnesota companies and higher education institutions and are committed to developing a well-educated technology literate workforce. The Foundation supports diversity in this application and award process.
In 2015, 18 college students were recognized at the Tekne Awards with scholarships amounting to $67,500. Over the past nine years, we have awarded almost 100 scholarships amounting to nearly $400,000.
You can help MHTA support STEM education in Minnesota by making a tax deductible donation to our scholarship fund.
Watch the video below, to see how these scholarships positively impact the lives and education of MHTA Foundation Scholarship winners: